Monday, February 20, 2012

Scrapbooking on a Purse!


Hear Ye, Hear Ye. NEWSFLASH… Scrapbooking is out of the album!


People from all walks of life want to cherish and preserve all of those special moments that occur in everyday life. Scrapbooking has been around for approximately 150 years now. I read somewhere recently that Thomas Jefferson was one of the first most famous American scrapbookers. He created a number of albums filled with the newspaper clippings of his presidency. Since cameras were not created yet, people would put things such as calling cards, poems, quotes, and other items in their albums.
The first scrapbook store was opened in 1980 by a lady named Marielen Christensen, and in the mid-1990’s the scrapbooking world exploded with all of the wonderful embellishments that we use today. Of course many more items have been added since the middle of the 1990’s, making scrapbooking into a multi-billion dollar industry.

Then a few years ago, we began seeing scrapbooking coming out of the albums. People began using scrapbooking materials to create wall hangings, magnets, home décor items and much more. And since sharing our memories with others is something we all enjoy doing, why not place those pictures on your purse for everyone to see. How do you do that? Well, with the right products to start off with, it is so much easier than you think.


First of all like I said, you need to begin with great products. The project that I’m going to share with you today started with a wonderful product called Daily Window. A lovely lady, Paula Krieger, from the company contacted me and asked if I would create a few projects using their purses, totes and bags. She asked if I would scrapbook on them. I have to admit, I was wondering how I was going to scrapbook on a purse, but I said I would give it a shot. When I received the products in the mail, I just about flipped out! I was expecting to be spending some time on these projects, but no way! They did all the work for me. The Daily Window purses, toes and bags are so easy to use. You simply create your scrapbook page or card and slide it into the clear plastic pockets, and viola! You're done!

 The wonderful thing about these bags is that they are changeable because of the pocket behind the window. It's a great opportunity to share many different options when it comes to hand crafted cards and pages. The bottom line is that the bags offer an ongoing opportunity to share and connect with others using your personalized ideas! For more information about Daily Window products, check out their website at www.dailywindow.com

NOTE: You will notice on my purse that I added some trim and chipboard pieces. I used Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive by Beacon Adhesives.


Thank you for joining me. Until next time…

Crafty hugs,

Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations

Give The Queen A Call!!!


If you ever see me at one of the Craft and Hoby trade shows, this bag is something that you'll recognize. I'll never attend a show without this bag. It's just the greatest!!!

No comments: