Monday, February 6, 2012

Craft and Hobby Winter Show!


Well, it’s the first Monday of the month and you know what that means! The Designer Craft Connection Blog Hop!!! Boy, you are in for a big surprise! The topic for this blog hop is the newly finished Craft and Hobby Winter Show. Since most of the designers on the Designer Craft Connection went to the CHA show, we thought we would share with everyone all of the cool things we saw at the CHA show. So, if you didn’t get a chance to attend the largest craft show around, we will bring the show to you. Make sure that you click on the DCC blinkie on the right side of my blog to hop from blog to blog and see all of the coolest products in the craft industry!

More exciting news from me! Because the show is so big I can’t fit all the information in one blog post so, please check back with me a few times this week for more on the CHA show. And while I’m at it, I might as well let you know that I will be increasing my blog posts to 3-5 times a week instead of my usual 1 time a week. I’m having such a blast sharing all things craft related and I really hope that you will continue to stop by. I will be offering more craft projects & instructions and I will also be offering tips & techniques, maybe a give-away or two (hee hee!), some guest blog posts, and much, much more. Stay tuned and check me out as I kick it up a notch or two!!!

Let’s get started….

There was so much to see at this show that I wasn’t even sure where to start. I decided to start with the new products that were awarded the Innovations Award for the “Hot New Products” at the show. I’m sorry I don’t have pictures, but I’ve listed a brief description of each product. I’ll have lots of pictures in my other posts.

Approximately 100 new products were entered for the Innovations Award at the show. The panel of judges picked 20 of these products to be named “Hot New Products”. The manufacturers set up their displays and demos for the judges. Each manufacturer had 60 seconds to promote their new product and judges and attendees had the opportunity to see the new products and watch demos. Here are the products and their manufacturers in alphabetical order-

Babyville Boutique. A sewing program for environmentally conscious moms who need specialty fabric for making diaper covers. The program includes coordinating snaps and snap tool, fold over elastic, appliqués and more.
Flower Me with Candy: An easy way to make realistic looking edible flowers with candy.
Sullivan’s Clear Rulers: That sharpens the rotary blades as you cut......

Send it Clear from Clear Scraps: One of a kind clear card kit with USPS approved envelope.
Embosser from Craftwell: Electric die cutter and embosser.

Cool2Cast from Yaley Enterprises: Developed by Tiffany Windsor this is a new, air dry fiber plaster.
Copper Color Me from Hot off the Press: Custom color your own embossed papers with mists, chalk and more.

Dazzu Light Craft Studio: Especially for kids, this kit contains programmable, interactive lights plus all the materials needed to create a one-of-a kind, unique projects. Such a fun way to bling your projects
Diamond Head Tacks (for Home Dec): Upholstery tacks with interchangeable heads.

Crafty Bands from Epiphany Crafts: Create unique custom charm jewelry for kids!
Eco Crayons: Saving the world one color at a time! In recyclable packaging.

Fringe in a Flash from June Tailor: Multi-Blade Rotary Cutter- The perfect tool for cutting fringes.
The Knook by Leisure Arts:  Knit with a crochet hook!

USB Power Glue: When the power fails, use your laptop battery power to use this glue gun.
Shoe Attitude by Kodak: Print images on Kodak shoe art film then use a special adhesive to apply to shoes.

Prima Press: Use individual letters to create your own sayings, etc. It's like having your own mini print press.
Craft Geek Pin It by Purple Cows: Pin it anywhere with this new tool.

Screen It by Tulip: All-in-1 Screen Printing System
Well, that’s it for today. Be sure to check back a few times this week for more information on the CHA Winter Show.

Thanks for joining me. Until next time…

Crafty hugs,

Lisa

Stampin’ Queen Creations

Give The Queen A Call!!!

No comments: