Monday, February 27, 2012

Animal Print Lamp


Scrapbooking is the number one craft hobby in the craft industry and it’s a multi-million dollar business. I should know because I, like many of you I’m sure, have contributed to that multi-million dollar business! With all of the different pattern papers and stickers, etc. how could you not spend a small fortune on products? Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining. I love all the wonderful products on the market but, every once in a while, I want to go “old school” by making my papers myself. There are lots of different ways to create your own background papers, and I will discuss some of those ways in a future article. But for now, I’m going to tell you how you can create a simple animal print that I used for this lampshade.

Here’s how I did it:

Materials

Wineglass
White copy paper- 8 ½” x 11”
White card stock- 8 ½” x 11”
ColorBox Archival Dye Inkpads- Pumpkin Pie, Mudslide & Wicked Black
Lampshade template
Spray bottle
Heat tool
Xyron Machine with Acid Free Permanent Adhesive Cartridge
Glue gun
Black trim
Beaded trim
Ribbon- Carmel & Black
Gold charm
Candle
Paper towels

Instructions

Lay white copy paper on work surface and beginning with the Butterscotch inkpad, rub ink all over paper. Repeat the process using the Brown inkpad until entire paper is covered with ink.

Lightly spray paper with water. Using a paper towel, gently blend the two ink colors together, being careful not to mix the colors too much. Dry paper with heat tool.

After paper is dried, crumple paper with your hands then smooth it out again onto work surface. Take the Black inkpad and lightly rub over entire surface of the paper. The wrinkles in the paper will pick up the black ink, giving it an “animal print” look.  Adhere the inked paper to a piece of card stock using a Xyron machine.

Trace the lampshade pattern to the back of the paper and assemble the lampshade.

Glue beaded trim on the bottom of lampshade with glue gun. Next, glue black trim on top of beaded trim and also around the top. Add bow to back of lampshade. Tie two bows around the wineglass stem and glue charm to the center of the bows.

Fill wineglass ¾ full with water and “float” candle on top of water.

Remember to never leave a lit candle unattended.


Thanks for joining me. Until next time…

Crafty hugs,
Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations


Give The Queen A Call!!!

No comments: