Monday, April 16, 2012

Home Decor Project with CraZy TACKz?

Hi Everyone,

Yep, that’s what I said. CraZy TACKz! The new household tool has found its way into the craft world! And I for one, am thrilled!!! 

A designer friend of mine, Marilyn Gossett, who designs for CraZy TACKz, sent me some packages of this very cool new tool and asked if I would come up with a design. I am always up for a challenge, so I took and the packages and designed this project. 

The project I designed is a birthday calendar. Sizzix flower die cuts were used to write my families names and birthdates and then hung to the side with the CraZy TACKz. When a birthday comes up, you just move the flower and stick it on the calendar. There is also a place to hangs your keys, glasses, etc. on the CraZy TACKz attached to the birdcage. You can use the additional cork space area on the board to attach notes and other things.  There is also a pocket in the back of the board to keep those extra calendars so they don't get lost!

The additional flowers are also Sizzix die cuts and the centers are embellished with a button and these wonderful new wired fibers/threads by Kreinik, and if you haven’t tried these new wired threads, you need to run to the store to buy some!!! They come in all these luscious colors and are super fun to work with.

This project was blast to make. Who knew I could take something that I consider a household item and turn it into a fabulous home décor item? I just love these new CraZy TACKz!!! Check back with me and see what other totally cool projects I come up with using these great TACKz. 

And better yet, I have a special offer for you. I would love to see what you can create with CraZy TACKz! If you go to their website www.crazytackz.com  and enter the code SQC20F, you’ll receive 20% off of your entire purchase and free shipping when you order 3 or more packz! Just think of all the fabulous things you can do with these great new TACKz!!!


Thanks for joining me. Until next time…
 

Crafty hugs,

Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations 

Give The Queen A Call!!!







No comments: