Wednesday, August 1, 2012

CHA Summer Show in Chicago


Hi Everyone, 

I’m sorry it’s been a while since I’ve posted last, but sometimes life gets in the way of being creative! But, now I’m back and I have so much to share with you. 

I have just returned from the CHA show in Chicago and what a great show it turned out to be! First of all, I want to share a short story about a couple of things that happened to me. As I was unloading my bags at the hotel, I realized that I left my brand new iPad2 on the airplane. If that wasn’t bad enough a few days later I lost my wallet at the show!!! Now I bet you’re thinking, what a very unlucky woman, but I’m here to tell you that there was an angel on my shoulder. Not only did I get my iPad2 back from the airlines, some wonderful person found my wallet and turned it in with all of my credit cards and money still inside! 

If you have been following my blog for any amount of time, you know that while I have suffered from Crohn’s Disease all of my adult life, I have a very strong faith in God and I always try to look for the good in people. The events that took place just proved to me once again that there are still wonderful, honest people out there and I am blessed to have been able to experience their kindness. 

Also at the show I taught a sold out workshop for Beacon Adhesives and Daily Window Bags with my creative partner, Ann Butler. The workshop was a HUGE success and the students in the workshop walked away with a beautiful canvas tote bag decorated with products from not only Beacon and Daily Window, but also Graphic 45 papers, Expo International trims, Hampton Art stamps, Velcro Brand fasteners, Buttons Galore buttons, Clearsnap inks, Neenah Papers and Westcott scissors. It was a fabulous workshop and Ann & I had such a positive response from those who attended,  that we will be doing another workshop with some of the same manufacturers at the winter show in Anaheim in January 2013. Check back for more information as we get closer to the show. 

I have more things to share about the CHA summer show that I will be posting about in the next week or so. Come on back for more details!!! 

Thank you for joining me. Until next time… 

Crafty hugs, 

Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations 

Give The Queen A Call!!!

These are a few of the samples that we made for the workshop!





4 comments:

Dawnll said...

I would have loved to taken that class...what a spectacular project.
I just wanted to say I was so glad to finally meet you in person~ your a gem Lisa.
I had such a great time at CHA

Stamping From The Heart said...

Thanks Dawn! It was so great to meet you too!

Molly Smith said...

So glad your lost items were returned. A blessing! How fun to teach the class. Love these fun projects.
-Molly

Stamping From The Heart said...

Thanks so much Molly. Ann & I had a blast!!!