Friday, March 15, 2013

Magic of Oz Easel Card

Hi Everyone,

Everyone that knows me well knows that my very favorite movie of all time is the Wizard of Oz. I even have a whole room in my house that is full of Wizard of Oz memorabilia that we call the Oz Room!

I also love every piece of pattern paper that comes out of Graphic 45. So, you can imagine my excitement when Graphic 45 came out with their Oz papers. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!!

Of course after I calmed down from my excitement I just had to make some projects with this fabulous pattern paper! One of my projects was this great easel card putting this great paper together with my favorite ink company, Clearsnap. This is the result. What do you think?

If you want more Wizard of Oz, stayed tuned as I start my four part series on the wonderful Wizard of Oz altered book that I created. This first post will be on Monday, March 18th and here's a sneak peek~



Thank you for joining me. Until next time...
 
Crafty hugs,
 
Lisa
Stampin' Queen Creations
&
Bella Crafts Quarterly
 
Magic of Oz Easel Card
 
 
Supplies
Clearsnap ColorBox Pigment Inkpads- Black, Silver, Brown & Cranberry
Clearsnap Top Boss Watermark Inkpad
Clearsnap Clear Embossing Powder
Hampton Art Magic of Oz Rubber Stamp Set
Hampton Art Clear Stamps- Friends Set
Acrylic Blocks
Bazzill Basics Cardstock- Red Devil & Vanilla  
Graphic 45 Papers- Magic of Oz
Graphic 45 Chipboard Pieces- Magic of Oz
10” Black Ribbon
Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
Therm-o-Web ½” Foam Squares
Westcott Personal Paper Cutter
Scissors
Ruler
Hole Punch
Bone Folder
Sponge
Heat Tool
 
Instructions
Step 1. Cut red cardstock 4 ¼”W x 11”H, fold in half. This is your base. Cut another piece of red cardstock and pattern paper 4 ¼”W x 5 ½”H. Adhere papers together. Score ½” and fold on the longer side, creating a 4 ¼”W x 5”H with a ½” folded flap. 
 
Step 2. Apply glue to the folded flap and adhere it to the bottom of the inside back panel of card base. Cut pattern paper 4 ¼”w x 5 ½”H. Adhere to front of card base. 
Step 3. Cut red cardstock 4”W x 5 ¼”H. Using Watermark inkpad, stamp “Oz” around the edges of panel, cover with embossing powder, shake off excesses and heat with heat tool. Adhere to front of card base.
 

 


No comments: