Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Card and Ornament

It’s time for another Designer Craft Connection Blog Hop! This time we were supposed to post either a Holiday themed project or be part of “When Creativity Knocks Sock Monkey Challenge”. I didn’t get a chance to get involved with the Sock Monkey mania, but with this hop you’ll have the opportunity to check out both themes! I hope that enjoy all the holiday hopping. Don’t forget to click on the blinkie on the right side of my blog to hop from one blog to another. Have Fun!!

I have been busy working on some projects to share with all of you. The first project being a card and ornament set that I made a few years ago for my family that I updated a little bit for the current holidays. 

I absolutely love making cards for the holiday season for my family and friends, and if times allows I also love to create ornaments that match my cards. Your cards and ornaments don’t need to be elaborate unless you have the time and if that’s the case, I say go for it! Since my time is usually limited around the holidays, I like to keep my projects fairly simple, but always something fun! Snowmen are my favorite holiday characters and I wanted to create something with these cute snowman rubber stamps that I have. They were just perfect for the projects I wanted to create.

I hope that you’ll consider creating an ornament that matches your cards, because your card may get pitched out with the Christmas tree, but the ornament will be saved forever!

Thank you for joining me. Until next time…

Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations
Give The Queen A Call!

©2011 Lisa Rojas, Stampin’ Queen Creations

Christmas Card and Ornament


Materials


  • Cardboard
  • Card stock- White, Blue and Purple
  • Pattern paper
  • Wire 24 gauge- Blue
  • Eyelets- Blue
  • Snowflake brad
  • Various fibers
  • Ribbon- Blue
  • Watercolor pencils
  • Trim- Silver
  • Slot punch
  • Hole punch
  • Aleene’s Memory Glue  
  • Paper, Rock, Scissors white glitter paint
  • Vivid! Dye Based inkpad- Black
  • Rubber Stamps:
  • Snowman with Heart
  • Snowman Banner
 Instructions

 For the card, fold blue card stock to 4 ¼” x 5 ½”. Cut papers as follows: White card stock   4” x 5 ¼”, Purple card stock 3” x 4 ¼”, and Snowflake pattern paper 3 ¼” x 4 ½”. Use  slot  punch on all four corners of white card stock. Attach pattern paper to white card stock. Adhere papers to blue card.
Cut white card stock 2 ½” x 4”. Cut white and purple card stock in tag shapes. Stamp
snowman on white tag with black inkpad. Color image with watercolor pencils. Adhere white tag to purple tag. Punch hole in top. Add various fibers. Adhere to card front.

 For the ornament, cut cardboard and blue card stock 3 ¼” x 4 ½”. Cut pattern paper
 3” x 4 ¼”. Cut white card stock 2 ½” x 4”.  Stamp snowman on white card stock with black inkpad. Color with watercolor pencils. Layer papers and adhere together. Adhere silver trim around the edges.

Punch two holes at the top and one hole at the bottom. Attach eyelets. Tie fibers through
the bottom eyelet. Attach snowflake brad.

 For the top portion of the ornament, stamp snowman banner on a scrap piece of white
card stock with black inkpad. Color image with watercolor pencils. Cut out image. Lay
image on cardboard. Trace image with a pencil. Cut out.

Adhere stamped image to cardboard. Punch two holes in the bottom of the image. Attach
eyelets. Cut two pieces of wire 6” long. Wrap around a small paintbrush. Attach wire to
both stamped images.

  Make a small loop with ribbon. Adhere to the back of snowman banner to form a hanger.

No comments: