Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sizzix ScoreBoard Blog Hop

Wow! Do I have something fun to share! A designer friend of mine, Eileen Hull, at http://www.eileenhull.blogspot.com/ contacted me and a few other designers to do a blog hop featuring a new product called ScoreBoard™, that she designed for Sizzix.®

She sent each of us a package containing five new ScoreBoard™ boxes (more about the other boxes later). The first box is called ScoreBoard™ Scalloped Box. We were told that we could design the box any way we wanted. She also added an extra challenge to design the box using office supplies. Although I chose not to use the office supplies, the other designers did. The end result was wonderfully creative boxes by some of the top designer professionals in the business! Each box is as unique as the designer who created them.


I decided for my box, I would design something around my favorite flower, the sunflower. Here are the basic instructions for the ScoreBoard™ Scalloped Box:

• Cover box with yellow checkered pattern paper using Zip Dry Paper Glue.
• Stamp large sunflower with black inkpad on white cardstock twice. Color with color pencils. I used Gamsol mineral spirits and a blending stump to give a watercolor look to my stamped images.

• Cut out one sunflower leaving the image whole. With the second image, cut out only parts of the sunflower. (This is what gives you a three dimensional look.) Cover both images with Matte Accents Dimensional Medium. Let dry.


• For the cards, cut orange cardstock 5 1/2"W x 3 3/4"H. Fold in half. Cut pattern paper 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Adhere pattern paper to cardstock. Stamp watering can with black inkpad on white cardstock. Color with pencils. Cut out. Spray image with Preserve It! Paper Protectant. Adhere Sparkle Fibers to sunflower centers. Adhere image to card with 3D foam tape. Stamp "Just for You" with Vintage Green inkpad. Cut out. Adhere to card front.

• For the inside of card, cut yellow cardstock 2 1/2" W x 3 1/2"H. Add Butterscotch inkpad around edges.
Stamp "Friends are flowers" with
Vintage Green inkpad. Adhere to
 inside of card.

• Adhere large sunflowers together. Spray image with Preserve It! Adhere Sparkle Fibers to center of sunflower. Using glue gun, adhere garden tools and sunflower to the front of box.

• Ink edges of box with Butterscotch inkpad. Adhere Velcro to box. Tie ribbon around the box for the finishing touch!

Now that I have explained how I created my box, I hope that you will "hop" on over to the other designers' blogs to see what they designed. Once you have seen all the different boxes, you can go to Eileen's blog at www.eileenhull.blogspot.com and vote for your favorite. (Hopefully, you'll vote for mine!) Be sure that you post a comment on each blog you visit. Eileen will be picking a comment at random to win a prize. So you don't want to miss out on that!!

And lastly, as I mentioned before, Eileen sent us a total of five different boxes. Every two weeks we will do this all over again with a brand new ScoreBoard™ box. The next box will be a Tea Cup box that I will post on April 14th. You don't want to miss any of these ScoreBoard™ boxes. So stay tuned...

22 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

so pretty. The colors are so vibrant and refreshing1

TracyM #6773 said...

Very pretty - the colours are so bright & cheerful, bursting with Spring :)
TracyM #6773

Melony said...

Lisa- love the garden theme. Your stamping is beautiful

Unknown said...

i find it amazing what you gals come up with! another great idea!

Roxi Phillips said...

So springy! Makes me want to go plant something! Nicely done!

Sparkle said...

Nice, so warm and colorful!

Karen B said...

Stamper extraordinaire! Fabulous project!

eileen hull said...

Lisa it's beautiful and that nice yellow gingham just makes me smile! Thanks for joining our hop. So sorry I missed your call yesterday :-(

Laura Bray said...

So pretty and summery. Makes me want a glass of lemonade.

Jen Goode said...

So fun and sunshiney! If the snow would melt in my backyard today I'd be ready to get out and garden. Love your choice of colors.

Unknown said...

OMG how lovely! You did an amazing job!

Ann Butler said...

Lisa this is totally you...love it!

chignon said...

The flower is gorgeous! It makes me want to get out in the garden!

Candice Windham said...

Love the yellow! What a wonderful spring project!

Brenda Pinnick said...

Very nice! I love the sunflower and the way it's scale is used with this box! It's just beautiful.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love It.... You guys are making it hard to pick just one project.

Cindi McGee said...

Very cute! Makes we want to get outside and plant my flowers right this minute!

madelinesthoughts said...

It's speaks "sweet summer days" in every way Lisa!

Catherine Aliff said...

You've put us all into Spring! GREAT JOB and keep it up!

Cash "The Crafty" Shar Pei
and His Mom Tammy

kim.mom said...

LOVE IT!!!

Scrapfaire said...

Those colors are FANTASTIC!! Love your box!!

Maria Murphy said...

This was my favorite (although they were all awesome!) I just loved your technique and the fabulous end result. Thanks for sharing!!