Wow! Do I have something fun to share! A designer friend of mine, Eileen Hull, at http://www.eileenhull.blogspot.com/ contacted me and a few other designers to do a blog hop featuring a new product called ScoreBoard™, that she designed for Sizzix.®
She sent each of us a package containing five new ScoreBoard™ boxes (more about the other boxes later). The first box is called ScoreBoard™ Scalloped Box. We were told that we could design the box any way we wanted. She also added an extra challenge to design the box using office supplies. Although I chose not to use the office supplies, the other designers did. The end result was wonderfully creative boxes by some of the top designer professionals in the business! Each box is as unique as the designer who created them.
• Stamp large sunflower with black inkpad on white cardstock twice. Color with color pencils. I used Gamsol mineral spirits and a blending stump to give a watercolor look to my stamped images.
• For the cards, cut orange cardstock 5 1/2"W x 3 3/4"H. Fold in half. Cut pattern paper 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Adhere pattern paper to cardstock. Stamp watering can with black inkpad on white cardstock. Color with pencils. Cut out. Spray image with Preserve It! Paper Protectant. Adhere Sparkle Fibers to sunflower centers. Adhere image to card with 3D foam tape. Stamp "Just for You" with Vintage Green inkpad. Cut out. Adhere to card front.
• For the inside of card, cut yellow cardstock 2 1/2" W x 3 1/2"H. Add Butterscotch inkpad around edges.
Stamp "Friends are flowers" with
Vintage Green inkpad. Adhere to
inside of card.
• Adhere large sunflowers together. Spray image with Preserve It! Adhere Sparkle Fibers to center of sunflower. Using glue gun, adhere garden tools and sunflower to the front of box.
• Ink edges of box with Butterscotch inkpad. Adhere Velcro to box. Tie ribbon around the box for the finishing touch!
Now that I have explained how I created my box, I hope that you will "hop" on over to the other designers' blogs to see what they designed. Once you have seen all the different boxes, you can go to Eileen's blog at www.eileenhull.blogspot.com and vote for your favorite. (Hopefully, you'll vote for mine!) Be sure that you post a comment on each blog you visit. Eileen will be picking a comment at random to win a prize. So you don't want to miss out on that!!
And lastly, as I mentioned before, Eileen sent us a total of five different boxes. Every two weeks we will do this all over again with a brand new ScoreBoard™ box. The next box will be a Tea Cup box that I will post on April 14th. You don't want to miss any of these ScoreBoard™ boxes. So stay tuned...