Starting this week I have decided to cut my blogging back to three times a week. I have tried to do my blog post five times a weeks but I’m finding that it’s taking more and more time away from my designing work. Even thought I’ll only be blogging three times a week, with maybe some surprises thrown in now and then, I will still try to bring you quality posts. I really feel like the amount of time doesn’t matter near as much as posting good quality projects and information. So, I hope you’ll bear with me as I try some new things, but things I know you’ll enjoy. Stay tuned for that!!!
Now that we have the business stuff out of the way, let’s have some fun! Today is the first Monday of the month and that means Designer Craft Connection Blog Hop! This month our theme was Jewelry. Now, everyone that knows me knows that I’m not a jewelry maker, but I am a mixed media artist so, my piece of jewelry is done with rubber stamps (of course!!!) and shrink plastic. Then I added a few beads, some charms and that’s it! I had myself a very beautiful pin!
Since it is a Designer Craft Connection Blog Hop day, please don’t forget to click on the blinkie that is on the right side of my blog so that you can hop to all of the other designer’s blogs to see what fabulous creations they all came up with. On some of the blogs you may have to look around a bit to see the Designer Craft Connection blinkie, but each of us has one and that is how you will get around to each of our blogs. I hope you have a wonderful time hopping from blog to blog.
Thanks for joining me. Until next time….
Stampin’ Queen Creations
Give The Queen A Call!!!
Face Pin- Cross
Italian Poetry Background by Hero Arts
Dance of the Butterflies by Paper Inspirations
Shrink plastic- Black and White
Brilliance pigment inkpad- Starlite Silver
Stab On solvent inkpad- Black
Versa MarkÔ Watermark Inkpad
Ultra Thick Embossing Powder- Clear
Micro silver beads
Hole punch- ¼”
Faber-CastellÔ Color Pencils
1. Prepare the shrink plastic by following manufacturer’s instructions. Stamp Italian Poetry on black shrink plastic with Starlite Silver. Stamp Dance of the Butterflies (face stamp) on white shrink plastic with black inkpad.
2. Color lips on Dance of the Butterflies image with a red color pencil. Cut out both stamped images with deckle edge scissors. Punch hole in the bottom center of the Italian Poetry image. Shrink plastic with heat tool or oven, following manufacturer’s directions.
3. Apply VersaMarkÔ inkpad to Dance of the Butterflies image. Pour Ultra Thick Embossing Powder over image, shake off excess powder and heat with heat tool. Repeat process three more times.
4. Using Diamond GlazeÔ adhere four tiny beads to the back of the Dance of the Butterflies image. Add a jump ring with a small bead to top of cross charm. Adhere cross charm and Dance of the Butterflies image onto ItalianPoetry image
5. Using Diamond GlazeÔ adhere silver micro beads and a few small beads to the lower right side of the Italian Poetry image. Add large square bead and assorted beads to a silver jewelry rod.
6. Add jump ring to Italian Poetry image and attached beaded jewelry rod to jump ring. Adhere a pin back to the back of the finished piece with Diamond GlazeÔ.