Monday, August 22, 2011

Making Decisions

I have made a decision. When I started this blog I thought I would do a post  maybe once a month, but since starting I have realized that if I want to have a successful blog I need to post more often. I’m told by my designer friends that I should be posting a few days a week. Wow! A few days a week? That sounds like a lot to me so I decided that I would do a post every Monday and see how it goes. What the heck do I have to talk about?  Maybe after I try that for a while, I’ll be able to post more often. Baby steps, let’s just start with baby steps.

For this post, I’m sharing a card that I designed for Clearsnap. I have said it before and I’ll say it again, Clearsnap has the best inks on the planet! Love, Love, Love them!!! I hope you enjoy the card.

Until next time…

Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations


©2011 Lisa Rojas, Stampin’ Queen Creations


Butterfly Thank You Card 
Materials

·         Tan card stock- 6”H x 12”W folded in half to a 6”W x 6”H card
·         Tan card stock- 1 ¾”W x 1 ½”H for Thank You sign
·         Brown cad stock- 5 ¾”W x 5 ¾”H
·         Tan card stock 2”W x 1 ¾”H for Thank you sign
·         Pattern papers
·         Sparkling Harvest Finishing Touches™ kit by Clearsnap®
·         Clear embossing powder by Clearsnap®
·         Fools Gold glitter by Clearsnap®
·         Terrifically Tacky Tape™ by Provo Craft®
·         Ruler
·         Heat tool

Instructions

1.      Fold 6”H x 12”W tan card stock in half to make a 6”W x 6”H card. Distress the sides of all papers. Using the watermark inkpad (in kit) stamp flourish randomly over brown card stock. Lay ruler on brown car stock diagonally. Lay tape onto card stock three times, 1/8” apart. Remove red liner of tape and sprinkle cinnamon spice (in kit) and fools gold glitter onto the tape. Shake off excess and return to container.
2.        Stamp “thank you” on tan card stock. Repeat glitter lines as in step one. Adhere to brown card stock with Glue Gloss (in kit). Stamp butterflies and four corners on scrap piece of tan card stock, using chestnut pigment inkpad and coca bean embossing powder (both in kit). Use heat tool to set powder. Cut out.

3.      Cut out pattern papers. Using Glue Gloss, adhere pattern papers, butterflies, “thank you” and four corners to brown card stock. Adhere brown card stock to tan card with Terrifically Tacky Tape™.

Designer tip- Use Glue Gloss to adhere all papers except when you layer the brown card stock to the tan card. The Glue Gloss dries very quickly and is much better to use on smaller pieces of paper.




No comments: