And now, drum roll please… I would like to show you what I created with Eileen Hull’s House Scoreboard Die.
I decided I wanted to design a centerpiece around this house die, and so I created my “Let it Snow” Holiday Centerpiece. Here’s how I did it;
#656836 Sizzix Scoreboard Pro Die-House 3D by Eileen Hull
Sizzix Big Shot Pro cutting machine
4- Small wood candle cups
Green Spanish moss
Vivid! Dye inkpad-Corn Flower blue by Clearsnap
Christmas Epoxy stickers by Recollections
Candy canes and peppermint candy stickers by EK Success
1. Place matboard into the Sizzix Big Shot Pro die cutting machine with the Sizzix Scoreboards Pro House Die and cut out. Adhere pattern paper to each piece of the house using Zip Dry Paper Glue. Add color to the windows with Corn Flower inkpad. Assemble house according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Set aside.
2. Paint wood base and candle cups with green acrylic paint. Let dry. Adhere candle cups to the base bottom with glue gun. Adhere Styrofoam and Spanish moss to the base with glue gun.
3. Cut toothpicks in half and stick them to the back of the stickers. Lay stickers on white card stock. Once stickers are adhered to the card stock, cut stickers out with scissors. NOTE- I backed the stickers with card stock because I used Epoxy stickers, which are clear.
4. Adhere toothpicks to candy canes and peppermint candies with glue gun. Add stickers to house. Adhere house to the base with glue gun. Next, glue trees, snowmen, candy canes and peppermints to the base. Glue fence around the base. Add garland around the fence.
5. Adhere “Let it Snow” sticker and snowflake stickers to the sign. Adhere the sign to the fence. Sprinkle faux snow all around the base.
That’s it, you’re done! You now have a super cute holiday centerpiece and it only takes three to four hours to create. With the Sizzix Scoreboard House die being so easy to assemble and decorate, your family will think you spent days working on this holiday centerpiece!
Now, don’t forget to stop by each week to check out what I have created with each new die. Next week we’ll be working with Karen Burniston’s Pop-Up Twist Cube. Check it out at www.sizzix.com/product/2381 After you see what I have created, you can click on the button on my side bar and that will take you to all of the other designers and also the Sizzix website. While you’re there you might as well purchase the dies we are working with. You can then create some very cool projects of your very own!