Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 2 "A Friendship through the Years"

It’s week two in our fabulous Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop and I just have to say that I LOVED working with Karen Burniston’s 3D Twist Pop up Cube. What a blast this die was to play with! I thought because it was a pop up cube, it would be much more difficult to assemble. Boy was I surprised! Karen’s instructions were precise and easy to understand.

Inside of Project- Side View
I decided to center my pop up cube on my best friend and sister-in-law, Tina Deccio. Tina and I became best friends over 33 years ago when I started dating her brother and now my wonderful husband, Rich. We have had so much fun together throughout the years and our friendship had only deepened more with my battle with Crohn’s Disease. She has always been there for me and I really could not imagine my life without her. I love her more than words could ever say, and I think you can see how deep our friendship is through the pictures on my pop up cube.

"A Friendship through the Years" Front View
Here is the list of supplies that I used to create my “A Friendship through the Years” pop up cube. I hope that you have someone special in your life that you can create this wonderful pop up cube for. It is a gift they will cherish for a very long time. I hope you have as much fun as I did working with this die.

Cube- Side 2

Cube- Side 3










Supplies

656739 Sizzix XL Die- Cube, Twist 3-D (Pop-Up) by Karen Burniston
Big Shot die cut machine by Sizzix
12”x12” Black card stock by Die Cuts with a View (you need 1 ¼ sheets for one)
Flat Book Frame Box by Rubber Stamp Concepts
Pattern paper and Stickers by Sandylion
Cube- Side 4
Paper lace by K & Company
Various ribbons and fibers
Various metal keys and charms
Gold metal corners
Rubber band and small brad for cube
Terrifically Tacky Tape by Provo Craft
Hot glue gun
Distrezz-it-all by Zutter Products
Scissors

Don’t forget to click on my blinkie button on the right side of my blog, so you can hop on over to the other 60 plus designers to see what they created with this fabulous pop up cube die. Where else can you go to get over 60 different ideas for one die? Nowhere but here! Check it out. You’ll be happy that you did!

Until next time…
Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations

Inside of Project- Top View


14 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

great job! I love this vintage inspired mini book! especially all the vintage inspired findings you put on the cover!

Karen B said...

This is so fabulous! I can see the special relationship you share with the beautiful photos. I love all the layering and vintage-y details. This is a feast for the eyes! Thank you for using my die for such a special subject!

Jen Goode said...

Absolutely love how this turned out!

Gretchen said...

Love all the detail - this is gorgeous!!!

Cindy Rippe said...

Love the "memories" look to your piece. What a nice tribute to your friendship. So many details! Beautiful.

madelinesthoughts said...

That is so lovely Lisa! What a wonderful memory gift to share with someone that is such a great friend. Love what you did.

Denise Clason Studios said...

very beautiful!

Terry Ricioli Designs said...

I love the vintage look and how you found just the perfect box for it.

Ann Butler said...

This is a fabulous and wonderful vintage project...

Unknown said...

How sweet, I love it!! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

beautiful, Lisa!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful! Love the photo and all the eclectic little findings.

Melony said...

OK- I owe my BFF a birthday gift and now I know what she is getting- thanks for the great idea, love it!

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Beautiful tribute to a loving friendship and sisterhood. Mahalo for sharing your story and your photocube.